Bermuda is the third largest insurance market globally. It is the domicile of many of the world’s leading insurance and reinsurance companies; it has successfully built an enhanced regulatory framework for commercial insurers and reinsurers with the grant of Solvency II equivalence by the EU Commission and, as an insurance centre, it has established a reputation for being entrepreneurial and at the cutting edge of insuring new risks.
However, with political change in the US and Brexit in Europe, new questions have been raised in the past few months as to the effect these will have on the Bermudan market and what risks and opportunities this offers the insurance community, not just in Bermuda but globally.
Attend this premier event for CROs, Chief Actuaries and Regulators to debate on the most pressing issues facing risk professionals.
A host of top-notch speakers have been confirmed, including:
- Brett Henshilwood, Partner, Deloitte
- Craig Swan, Managing Director, Supervision, Bermuda Monetary Authority
- Dan Malloy, Chief Underwriting Officer, Third Point Re
- Elisabetta Russo, ERM Advisor, NAIC
- Edward Mishambi, Vice President, Head of Risk & Regulatory Affairs and Assistant Treasurer, RenaissanceRE
- Heejae Cho, Underwriter and Actuary, Arch Reinsurance Ltd
- Ross Webber, CEO, Bermuda Business Development Agency
Topics discussed will include:
- Insurance Outlook 2018
- Staying ahead of the curve: identifying the risks of tomorrow and examining how those risks are transferred/ underwritten
- Innovation and change in the insurance industry
- Rigour and robustness around reporting and modelling
- Risk culture and the changing role of the CRO
- Bermuda's regulations for underwriters
- Implementing new capital standards
- Cybersecurity: examining the risks and opportunities
- Regulatory panel discussion: Overcoming the challenges around group supervision in an uncertain geopolitical environment
- 20% early bird discount if booked before 8 September plus:
- 40% InsuranceERM subscriber discount**
If you would like to get involved in either speaking, sponsoring or attending the event, please contact Tony Gibson.
**the discount will be automatically applied when subscribers are logged in.