The prestigious winners of InsuranceERM's Americas 2022 awards can be revealed.
Brian Coleman from Combined Insurance scooped the coveted chief risk officer (CRO) of the year accolade for his progressive approach to insurance risk management, his technical expertise and contributions to the sector.
PCS, a Verisk business, won the risk team award for its wide span of activities in the last 12 months. During 2021, its activities included reporting on new worldwide marine, energy and onshore risk loss events; launching a global large aviation index dating back 40 years; and providing input on cyber to some of the less well covered risks around the globe.
Moody's Analytics took home four awards in the technology category. Moody's also won the data solution of the year prize.
InsuranceERM's deputy editor and commercial editor, Ronan McCaughey, thanked the judging panel for their expertise in choosing the winners, and everyone who took the time to submit entries.
McCaughey said: "Basketball legend Michael Jordan summarised the essence of winning when he said some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
"The winners of InsuranceERM's Americas awards deserve their accolades and recognition because individually and collectively they are substantially improving insurance risk management, which benefits the industry and consumer as a whole."
"I would argue winning does not always mean first. It means doing better than you have done before – and for that reason we salute all the winners of this year's awards for their courage and commitment to innovate."
The full 2022 Americas winners are listed below:
Individual and team
- Chief risk officer of the year: Brian Coleman
- Risk team of the year: PCS, a Verisk business
- Actuarial team of the year: PwC
- Lifetime achievement award: Eric Cioppa
- Alternative capital deal-maker of the year (ILS / collateralised reinsurance): PCS, a Verisk business
- Climate risk initiative of the year: WTW
- Diversity initiative of the year: Argo Group
- Insurance asset manager of the year: Wellington Management
- Consultancy of the year: KPMG
- Actuarial modelling solution of the year: FIS
- Analytics solution of the year: Milliman
- Catastrophe risk modelling solution of the year: Aon, Impact Forecasting
- Cloud technology solution of the year: Moody's Analytics
- Cyber solution of the year: Kovrr
- Data solution of the year: Moody's
- ERM end-to-end solution of the year: Moody's Analytics
- ESG (Economic Scenario Generator) software of the year: Moody's Analytics
- LDTI solution of the year: FIS
- Operational risk solution of the year: Incisive Software
- Regulatory reporting software of the year: Moody's Analytics
How the awards were judged
Judges reviewed the submitted entry material and then voted in a secret ballot. The votes were counted and verified by InsuranceERM's team.
The panel of judge is comprised of senior risk, insurance and actuarial industry experts from the Americas each chosen for their knowledge and objectivity.
The judges' decision is final and neither InsuranceERM nor the judging panel will enter into any correspondence regarding individual entries and/or the award winners.