Sharpening the aim on scope 3 emissions
Value chain data is a necessary but notoriously difficult part of insurers' greenhouse gas emissions reporting. Joshua Geer explains the current challenges and sources of hope on scope 3 emissions
Who's to blame for the US insurance crisis?
Is the growing US property insurance crisis caused by greedy insurers or sleepy regulators? Sarfraz Thind speaks to industry and consumer groups to get their perspectives
Actuaries called to arms in climate change battle
The actuarial profession has skills and tools that can be brought to good use as the world transitions to a net-zero emissions economy, as David Walker reports
Canopius's Sheldon Lacy: risk functions connect the dots, so the business can thrive
The speciality re/insurer's CRO discusses with Ronan McCaughey how a structured programme of transformation has impacted the risk function, and how it's making progress on climate risk and DEI
- PE-owned insurers more likely to push regulatory boundaries
- The Bank of England's problem with pension superfunds is... insurers
- Allianz announces net-zero transition plan and environmentalists label it "ambitious"
- Bermuda rewrites the rulebook
- EY appoints UK insurance and actuarial leaders
- Ortec Finance loses three senior climate and ESG experts to MSCI - UPDATED
- Major barriers to enter the UK bulk annuity market
- Expanding Beyond the Network for Greening the Financial System
- RVS 2023: Inflation still key macroeconomic risk for insurers, warns Swiss Re
- Phoenix partially delays H1 results following IFRS 17 "complexity"