The sky's the limit for "extremely hectic" PRT market
Pension risk transfer (PRT) experts say markets in the UK, US and the Netherlands will continue to soar - but there are factors that may help or hinder growth, as Paul Walsh reports
Ireland's insurance regulator talks Solvency II divergence and going green
Domhnall Cullinan, director of insurance supervision at the Central Bank of Ireland, speaks to Ronan McCaughey about the biggest risks and regulatory challenges facing the sector in 2023
Gilts crash: a boon out of a crisis for insurers
Another day, another UK financial market crash. But while it has gone wrong for British politics and pension funds, the current crisis may actually benefit insurers in the long run. Ronan McCaughey and Sarfraz Thind report
Plenty of runway left for life consolidation in Europe
The business of consolidating life insurance portfolios is looking healthy, according to participants, as inflation provides a catalyst and supervisors become more familiar with transactions. Joshua Geer reports
- A new chapter for Solvency II's SFCR
- Who's to blame for the US insurance crisis?
- Ex-Swiss Re employee wins £1.3m from tribunal for sexual discrimination
- PE-owned insurers more likely to push regulatory boundaries
- Allianz announces net-zero transition plan and environmentalists label it "ambitious"
- The Bank of England's problem with pension superfunds is... insurers
- Only one week until the Insurance Risk & Capital Americas conference!
- Ortec Finance loses three senior climate and ESG experts to MSCI - UPDATED
- Major barriers to enter the UK bulk annuity market
- RVS 2023: Inflation still key macroeconomic risk for insurers, warns Swiss Re