Reinsurers expand their risk radars, but usual suspects aren't far away
The emerging risks identified by reinsurers at the annual Rendez-Vous de Septembre (RVS) event included some familiar foes and new additions, but all are being targeted with confidence. Paul Walsh reports
Social inflation comes to Europe
The drivers are different, but the effect is similar: court judgements that have pained US insurers are spreading to Europe. Sarfraz Thind speaks to Henning Schaloske about the issue
Data and AI: insurer and regulator go tête à tête
On a panel discussion at Insurance Europe's conference, Eiopa's Petra Hielkema and Alm. Brand's Anne Mette Toftegaard debated consumer trust, data, AI and the regulation that weaves them together, as Joshua Geer reports
Gerhard Stahl: "We will all have to be Picassos in the future"
Systemic risks such as climate change, pandemic and cyber are posing questions about the role of insurance. Talanx's former chief risk officer discusses how actuaries, governments and regulators should step up to the challenge, in this interview with David Walker
"Exciting and scary": the insurance regulator's view on AI
What does the proliferation of AI technology mean for a cautious industry like insurance? And how can regulators police this potentially limitless technology? The chair of the NAIC's innovation group, Kathleen Birrane, talks about the challenge with Sarfraz Thind
- PE-owned insurers more likely to push regulatory boundaries
- The Bank of England's problem with pension superfunds is... insurers
- Allianz announces net-zero transition plan and environmentalists label it "ambitious"
- Bermuda rewrites the rulebook
- EY appoints UK insurance and actuarial leaders
- Ortec Finance loses three senior climate and ESG experts to MSCI - UPDATED
- Major barriers to enter the UK bulk annuity market
- Expanding Beyond the Network for Greening the Financial System
- RVS 2023: Inflation still key macroeconomic risk for insurers, warns Swiss Re
- Phoenix partially delays H1 results following IFRS 17 "complexity"