InsuranceERM is delighted to announce that the inaugural IFRS 17 conference will take place on 27 February in London.
As firms delve deeper into their IFRS 17 projects and the implementation deadline looms, the enormity of the task ahead is becoming more and more apparent. With uncertainty reigning over certain unresolved operational and measurement aspects of the standard, InsuranceERM’s IFRS 17 conference offers a forum that encourages the sharing of ideas and approaches. It will provide the opportunity to benchmark with peers and to work towards an industry alignment in the way firms interpret and implement IFRS 17.
Given the principles based nature of the standard, the event will take a very practical look at the implications that different interpretations and decisions at the design and implementation phase can have on your initial balance sheet, future profit emergence and ultimately how the business is run.
Key areas of discussion include:
- Impact of IFRS 17 on business steering
- Interplay between IFRS 17 and IFRS 9
- Expectations on reporting and numbers
- Engagement with external stakeholders
- Developing an IT strategy for IFRS 17 that goes above and beyond compliance
- Industry alignment
- Understanding the impact of IFRS 17 on reinsurance strategies
- Approach to transition: understanding the interplay of choices and the long-term implications of those choices
- Role of the risk team in IFRS 17