Data: it's a question of confidence
Information is at the heart of effective risk and capital management, so making sure data solutions are robust is a necessity for modern insurers, as MBE's Andries Beukes explains
Solvency II - Are you ready for challenges?
The first round of mandatory reporting under Solvency II will soon begin. For some insurers that might be the last wake-up call to advance...
Don't pigeonhole a CRO
Carsten Hoffmann, a director at Towers Watson, explains why tomorrow's chief risk officers must be more engaged with the actual business and prove their worth as strategic advisers, rather than just worrying about risk frameworks and regulatory compliance.
Preparing for the Go-Live of Solvency II
A discussion with Patrick Maeder and Maciej Piechocki of BearingPoint regarding the preparedness of insurers and regulators for the Going-Live of Solvency II
- Paris Agreement "missed a trick" by failing to create standard-setting organisations, says Swiss Re CEO
- Risk recruiters try to stop people "falling into" insurance
- UK insurers brace for FCA's impending greenwashing crackdown
- Winners of the InsuranceERM UK & Europe 2024 awards revealed
- Unipol aims to buy UnipolSai outright, and eliminate group's holding company structure
- The role of the risk function in business planning
- CRO of the year: Vishal Desai
- Fairfax announces best results in history as it counters Muddy Waters' attack
- Prudential Financial seals $4.9bn bulk annuity deal with Shell USA
- Names emerge of three new UK insurers poised to enter bulk annuity market