Reinsurers expand their risk radars, but usual suspects aren't far away
The emerging risks identified by reinsurers at the annual Rendez-Vous de Septembre (RVS) event included some familiar foes and new additions, but all are being targeted with confidence. Paul Walsh reports
Why insurers do ERM
What objectives do insurers have when they establish their enterprise risk management programmes? Dave Ingram polled the industry and shares his results
Insurers seek the Latin American goldmine
With a huge protection gap, developing regulatory environment and an appetite for technology, the prospects look good for those willing to step into Latin America. But any adventure comes with risk, as Sarfraz Thind reports
The risk manager's view on AI
Artificial intelligence (AI) has taken the world by storm this year - but seasoned insurance risk experts are wary of the hype and stress the need for governance in managing the technology's risks and ethical challenges. Ronan McCaughey reports
- A new chapter for Solvency II's SFCR
- Who's to blame for the US insurance crisis?
- Ex-Swiss Re employee wins £1.3m from tribunal for sexual discrimination
- PE-owned insurers more likely to push regulatory boundaries
- Allianz announces net-zero transition plan and environmentalists label it "ambitious"
- Only one week until the Insurance Risk & Capital Americas conference!
- The Bank of England's problem with pension superfunds is... insurers
- Major barriers to enter the UK bulk annuity market
- RVS 2023: Inflation still key macroeconomic risk for insurers, warns Swiss Re
- Ortec Finance loses three senior climate and ESG experts to MSCI - UPDATED
Finland is considering introducing some aspects of pillar 2, probably the ORSA, ahead of Solvency II implementation.
The regulator could not disclose which companies intend to use internal models.