A football club chairman, a bee keeper and an art blogger – the 16 names added to InsuranceERM's Most Influential list are truly a group with diverse interests away from the their main jobs.
The list is our attempt to identify the individuals doing most to influence the direction of insurance risk and capital management in Europe.
This year's names, listed below, reflect the changing emphasis in the sector: a greater focus on conduct risk; the implementation of Solvency II rather than the rulemaking; and a growing international dimension to the prudential regulation of insurers.
- Andrew Bailey, Financial Conduct Authority
- Kevin Borrett, Unum EEA Group
- Marcus Bowser, Willis Towers Watson
- Andrew Candland, Eiopa
- Justin Elks, BaxterBruce
- Frank Grund, BaFin
- David Innes, RSA Insurance Group
- Bernhard Kaufmann, Munich Re
- Francesco Mazzaferro, ESRB
- Cristina Mihai, Insurance Europe
- José Morago, Aviva
- Victoria Saporta, Bank of England
- Hugh Savill, ABI
- Penny Shaw, Chaucer
- Paul Tang, MEP
- Emmanuel Van Grimbergen, Ageas
Click through to the gallery to see last year's list, identified as "Class of 2015". We have updated entries for Graham Fulcher, Tom Ground, Alex Hindson, Eberhard Müller, Romain Paserot, Michael Sicsic and Klaus Wiedner to reflect changes in roles and M&A activity.
We welcome comments and criticisms – send your email to: [email protected]