A top ten insurtech leaders list for 2018 has been compiled by insurance standards-setting body, the Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development, (Acord).
Acord’s 2018 top ten insurtech leaders, in alphabetical order, are:
- Tim Batten and Sourav Shah, CIO and senior digital product manager at MetLife Australia, respectively
- Shaun Crawford, global vice chairman of EY
- Sastry Durvasula, chief digital officer and chief data and analytics officer at Marsh, respectively
- Michael Jackowski, CEO and director of Duck Creek Technologies
- Beth Maerz, vice president for customer experience and innovation at Travelers
- Paul Meeusen, CEO of B3i
- John Taylor, account general manager for London market, DXC Technology
- Jeff To, global head of insurance at Salesforce
- Sabine VanderLinden, CEO of InsurTech business, Startupbootcamp
- Snejina Zacharia, founder and CEO of Insurify
In the case of VanderLinden, for example, Acord said more than 70% of Startupbootcamp’s startups since 2010 are still active - including 30% female-led companies – and employ a total of nearly 3,000 people.
Meanwhile, as chief executive of B3i, the blockchain insurance industry initiative, Acord says Meeusen is changing the way insurance companies exchange data and trade risks.
Acord president and chief executive Bill Pieroni said many lists tend to take a high level approach, while Acord worked to base its list on tangible industry outcomes.
Pieroni said: “We evaluated vision, execution and impact in order to identify leaders shaping the future of our industry through insurtech.”