The prestigious winners of InsuranceERM's Americas awards 2023 can be revealed. These awards recognise risk management excellence, leadership and innovation in the Americas.
Pooja Rahman, chief risk officer (CRO) of Protective Life Corporation, scooped the CRO of the year award for her innovative approach to leading the life insurer's risk function. The measurable value she and her risk team have made to Protective's balance sheet and Rahman's clear vision in building a risk culture also helped her to take the title.
Symetra Investment Management won risk team of the year for navigating last year's market turmoil and volatility.
The lifetime achievement award went to Tom Johansmeyer for the major contribution he has made in helping to develop the global risk transfer markets.
Ceres Imaging took the risk innovation of the year title for its use of data science combined with agriculture knowledge to develop an artificial intelligence solution for the crop insurance market.
CyberCube and Moody's Analytics both achieved the double. In the case of CyberCube, it clinched the analytics solution and cyber solution of the year.
Meanwhile, Moody's Analytics won the economic scenario generator software and stress scenarios software of the year awards. Moody's RMS also picked up the catastrophe risk modelling solution of the year title.
InsuranceERM's deputy editor and commercial editor, Ronan McCaughey, thanked the judges for their effort and expertise in deciding the winners and everyone who submitted entries.
McCaughey said: "What shines through from this year's winners is their ability to deal with and capitalise on a rapidly changing market environment that is producing more new risks and opportunities than ever before. Advances in technology are a clear example of this.
"This year's winners have shown real excellence, innovation and leadership in risk management and the way they serve their clients."
The 2023 Americas award winners are below:
- Chief risk officer of the year: Pooja Rahman, Protective Life Corporation
- Lifetime achievement award: Tom Johansmeyer
- Risk team of the year: Symetra Investment Management
- Actuarial modelling solution of the year: Aon
- Analytics solution of the year: CyberCube
- Catastrophe risk modelling solution of the year: Moody's RMS
- Climate risk initiative of the year: Verisk PCS / Titania Re
- Cloud technology solution of the year: Milliman
- Cyber solution of the year: CyberCube
- Data solution of the year: Aon, Impact Forecasting
- ERM end-to-end solution of the year: Decision Focus
- Economic Scenario Generator software of the year: Moody's Analytics
- LDTI solution of the year: PwC
- Regulatory reporting software of the year: FIS
- Stress scenarios software of the year: Moody's Analytics