If you have any questions or concerns regarding our handling of your personal information, please contact us on [email protected]
By visiting www.environmental-finance.com, www.insuranceerm.com, www.insuranceassetrisk.com, www.insuranceriskdata.com, www.fieldgibsonmedia.com and www.greenbonddata.org (the Websites), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controllers are Field Gibson Media Limited of Pentagon House, 52-54 Southwark Street, London SE1 1UN, registration number ZA098022 and Fulton Publishing Limited of Pentagon House, 52-54 Southwark Street, London SE1 1UN, registration number Z3048433.
We may collect and store the following data about you:
Information you give us on the Websites and offline for the purposes of:
- purchasing or receiving our services;
- registering for a password protected login for any of our services or facilities on the Websites;
- using the feedback facility;
- participating in surveys and research;
- completing enquiry forms;
- supplying us with information for publication on any of the Websites; and/or
- any other communication you have with us for any other reason.
We collect your information through registration forms, your purchase of services from us or your use of enquiry forms both online and offline.
We may collect some or all of the following: name, job title, company name, company address and contact details, your phone number and email address, payment details and your password(s) for the Website(s).
Information we collect about you. We may also collect and store information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties who maintain our Websites and enable us to provide services to you. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them if the purposes for which we intend to use that information is outside the scope of us providing services to you in accordance with our Terms of Supply.
Use of your Information
We will use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us including processing orders, registrations and enquiries;
- to provide you with information about services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to send to you statements and invoices, and to collect from you payment, for services or facilities purchased from us;
- to publish information you have supplied to us on the Websites, where you have supplied such information to us for such purposes;
- to enable us to deal with any complaints or queries raised by you;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form OR registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- to provide reports to our clients containing information about usage under corporate licenses;
- to monitor compliance with our Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy and to enable us to deal with any complaints or queries raised by you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Sharing your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- lead sponsors at events where you are a delegate;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience but we will inform you in advance if we intend to share your information for these purposes; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Field Gibson Media Limited/any member of our group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Field Gibson Media Limited or any member of our group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Security of your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will go through third parties who operate under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Validation of compliance is performed annually. We are happy to provide further details on request.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of any of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
User Access and Control of Data
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you want to amend any of your personal information we hold or if you want to change your marketing preferences, you can contact us on [email protected] or, if you are a registered user, you can also update your details by visiting the "My Account" or "User Preferences" sections.